Psychedelic Somatic Interactional Psychotherapy
Because Psychedelic Somatic Interactional Psychotherapy (PSIP) is very deep trauma work, it is important to be well informed and prepared. Please read all of the information below before contacting me.
Cannabis is the medicine used with PSIP, but PSIP can also be done without medicine. Depending on the nature of the trauma, it can take six months to a year of steady PSIP to work through the trauma in your nervous system. The initial phases of the work - creating secure attachment and building up your resources - are done over Zoom. Cannabis sessions happen in person in Vancouver, BC, or in the Fraser Valley near Harrison Hotsprings.
If you are interested in receiving PSIP from me, please follow the steps listed below before contacting me.
1. Watch video number 1 on this page of the Psychedelic Somatic Institute website. (From the same page, video 2, video 3 and the White Paper are also recommended.)
2. Read this article.
3. PSIP can bring up some of our deepest trauma, so it is important to be well resourced for this work. Take some time to reflect on how consistent you are with your self-care and how well you are able to bring yourself back to calm when you are stressed or upset.
If, after following the above steps you are interested in working with me with PSIP, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- The amount of time per week you spend doing things that help you feel peaceful, happy, and grounded, things such as exercise, meditation, yoga, time in nature, creative expression, and quality time with friends.
- The tools and resources you have for returning to calm when you are stressed or upset.
- Your experience with psychedelic-assisted healing/therapy and your experience what other types of therapy or inner healing work.
Stumble with grace
This is not a race
Your destiny is patient
The Healing takes the time
That it needs to take
And no amount of force
Will hasten it
Read the full poem here.